Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Katy Perry: Dark Angel








The child of pastors and one-time gospel-rocker has parlayed infectious fruit-flavored hits like “I Kissed a Girl” and “Hot and Cold” into a sold-out 50-city concert tour. And somewhere along the way, her career became a blueprint for aspiring pop stars.


Everything is calculated: the bright red lipstick; the pin-up aesthetic; the irreverent titles and earworm hooks. But where it might seem cynical coming from anyone else, Katy makes it work. Hell, she makes it honest. 


I came out like this 1940s pin-up girl, and of course that has evolved a little bit here and there. It’s a bit of a darker side of me, a little S&M. 


Katy Perry: Dark AngelStory By Joe La Puma; Photography by Gavin Bond; Styling by Kelly McCabe.

1 comment:

  1. OMGess, and I thought I'd seen everything of Katy, hehe, she always surprises and amazes me again. What a fantastic woman...

    ReplyDelete