Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lady Gaga: You and I





Earlier this month Lady Gaga made a promise to her Little Monsters on Twitter, and she delivered. On August 2nd she tweeted, "The Music Video for Yoü and I will be my 1000th Tweet," exciting fans all over the world. 


Gaga was originally supposed to premiere the video for her latest single off "Born This Way" on MTV Thursday night, August 18, but after the video was leaked and quickly taken down Tuesday, Gaga took matters into her own hands. 


Delivering on her promise, the 25-year-old superstar used tweets 997, 998 and 999 to say "F*CK. THURS. DAY." Making the link her 1000th tweet with the words, "You must love all + every part of me, as must I, for this complex + incomprehensible force to be true." [Huffington Post]


Yoü and I is the fourth video off of Gaga's chart-topping Born This Way. Shot by VMA-winning choreographer and creative director Laurieann Gibson, the video sees Gaga dressed as her male alter-ego Jo Calderone and a mermaid named Yuyi.


Gaga tweeted back in June regarding Yuyi: A reincarnation of my birth+artistic spirit. Incubation, awaiting a human lover to save her. YUYI THE MERMAID: tinyurl.com/3fbaadx coming




"You And I comes off like a combo of cheesy romance, cutting room floor footage from some lost John Waters flick and the Nebraska Chainsaw Massacre." [Chart Rigger]

No comments:

Post a Comment